Wednesday, July 1, 2009

very tired and it just turned into tomorrow already...

I'm trying to think of everything I shouldn't forget to pack in the morning before I depart. I'm trying also to not think of all the things that I should of done before now and that won't get done until my return. I found my tent, most of my riding gear, bad weather stuff, and other camping supplies tonight. I finished wiring up the GPS unit and a set of driving lights on the bike tonight with the moral support of my friend and cohort, Mark Balog. He kindly came by the garage tonight to hang out and kill Junebugs that flew into the light of the open door as I worked on the wiring of the BMW. All the hard bags are attached. the await being filled up with all manner of stuff I'll need for the next two weeks or so. Whatever I forget, I'll have to use my limited funds to buy on the road, and where I'm heading, they don't have any Walmarts.

so, I'm trying to take this reading from Terce prayer this morning to heart: "Free your minds, then, of encumbrances; control them, and put your trust in nothing but the grace that will be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. Do not behave in the way that you liked to before you learnt the truth, but make a habit of obedience." 1 Peter 1:13-14 (but it's hard right now).

More tomorrow as I make my final preparations. -dpat

No comments:

Post a Comment